Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Wrapping up "Back to the Basics"--my domestic experiment comes to an end


Six weeks ago I started an experiment in "domestic fitness," where I decided to get organized at home.  I launched this project because I had this theory that if my home life was running smoothly, then the rest of my life (my career, my relationships, etc.) would run smoothly too.  So for over a month I've been testing it, and posting about it along the way.

In case you missed it, I've tried to organize my pantry (somewhat successfully), and to plan out my meals ahead of time (more successfully).  I've explored my financial management "issues," and figured out some ways to get my spending in check.  And I've done the little things, too: make the bed regularly, keep dishes out of the kitchen sink, and pick up stuff on the floor.

And though I realize that I could go on and on with this experiment (a woman's work is never done...), I think that I'm nearing the end.  So for the rest of the week I'll be sharing with you my thoughts on how it went, what I learned, and if it supported my theory that a solid home base makes a good launching pad for the other parts of life.

So, here's a peek at what's to come:
Wednesday:  the winners!  I share my best and most helpful practices from the experiment
Thursday:  practicing mindfulness--the unexpected Big Picture Revelation
Friday:  testing my theory--did it work?

Share your domestic thoughts with me today!  Email me at shillberry@comcast.net or post your comments here.
Also, stick around later today to read about my next "Election Exercise."  Don't miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin