Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Another Deviantly Domesticated Anniversary

"So...this may sound silly, but what is a blog? I mean--how does it work?"

This is query I have often found myself answering in the past 2.5 years. Because the reality is that although many of us are familiar with blogs and tweets and status updates, there are still many fine citizens out there who can't tell an RSS feed from a Big Mac. Citizens who I thought might enjoy my ideas and posts but were unlikely to visit my site.

And so a little over a year ago I decided to launch an email newsletter in an attempt to include non-blog readers into the world of Deviantly Domesticated. Thus "Steph's Circle," as I affectionately called it, was born.

Since then, the newsletter has grown into more than just a place for non-bloggers. It is also a place for me to share regular updates about my life as blogger/crafter/business owner, to make special announcements about projects I'm planning, and to occasionally offer raffle prizes.


And since last spring even the design of my newsletter has gotten better! These images here, for instance, are from my latest email. Each image is a link that you can click on to learn more! (seriously--click on the pics and you'll see what I mean.)

So, on this anniversary-of-sorts for "Steph's Circle," I thought I would invite you to sign up if you haven't already, and to thank those of you who have! And if you have crafty, creative friends who "aren't into that whole blogging thing," I'd love for you to invite them to meet me through their email instead!

Thank you, as always, for your love and support in every new (and old) thing I do!

To sign up for my newsletter, enter your name and email in the boxes to the right OR email me your info at shillberry@stephaniehillberry.com and I'll get you set-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin