Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Go Away

hey Stephanie, what did you do last weekend?

Oh, well, I had a great time. I soaked up some sun in the backyard. I went bike riding around town. I even bought a new swimsuit.
A new swimsuit? Oh, so you're assuming that summer will actually come. Given the evidence contrary to that idea, what makes you so confident?

Well, it has always come in the past. I know that this year winter seems to be like an unwanted guest lingering WAY past it's welcome, but I'm still hopeful for change.

Well, I admire your optimism. By the way, did you buy some boots and a coat to go with that swimsuit? Just curious.

Ahem--
Snow, snow go away.
Come again some other day.
Like next winter, perhaps.

(and yes--I did buy a new swimsuit this weekend. I'll have to show it to you all later. Right now I can't bear to look at it while the snowflakes are falling. It's just cruel.)

2 comments:

  1. If you can't tell by now, I'm kinda having a lazy week... And the weather is certainly helping my malaise! After being focused and diligent last week, I've fallen off the wagon.

    And now I'm going to watch last night's episode of Glee...

    Don't judge me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought my new swim suit this weekend too. Stupid snow.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin