Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Letter from the Editor: Six-Hundred-and-Fifty-Four

Six-hundred-and-fifty-four. That is how many posts I have in the archive for this blog. Six-hundred-and-fifty-four days of projects and food and photos and thoughts on daily living. Six-hundred-and-fifty-four times of me sharing what--and who--inspires me. And makes me laugh. And makes me feel pretty. And hopefully inspires you, too.

And now that my blog is six-hundred-and-fifty-four posts old, it occurs to me that maybe I've been talking a lot.
Perhaps even too much. Because I know that I'm not the only one making lovely garments, or cooking beautiful food, or sharing tips on money and relationships and modern femininity. I'm not the only one who is "deviantly domesticated."

Because of this, I have decided to set my sights on a new goal,
which is to add more of you (and less of me) into my archive. And I'm starting by asking for your help. I want you to write with me, and share your projects and food and ideas. Here, on this space.

Now...I know what many of you might be thinking, like:

-- my food doesn't look as good as Stephanie's, or

-- my projects don't turn out well enough for the web, or

-- no one will care about what I just made, or

-- I'm not a great writer, or

-- my photos don't look professional


And my response is "yes, people will care," and "I will help you."
After six-hundred-and-fifty-four posts, I've gotten pretty good at sprucing up photos and catching typos. And I know from personal experience that people do, indeed, care. You just have to give them a chance to see your talents!

So, will you think about sharing your deviantly domesticated self with me and the other readers here?
Because I've got at least another six-hundred-and-fifty-four posts in my future, and I'd love for you to share them with me.

--steph

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow I didn't realize you were such a hardcore blogger! :) I wouldn't mind writing a piece for you here and there. I just have to think of something cool to write about... :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin