Monday, February 2, 2009

And Then it Happened...

I was all prepared to start out the week as promised, with some nesting posts and the newest Marketplace Maven...and then it happened.

Suddenly I was overcome by an all-too-familiar compulsion to design.  I've had this happen to me before.  I'll be moving along in the day just fine and dandy, and then Wham!--I'm hit with the bug to completely overhaul one of my rooms or tackle a long-forgotten project.  

Sometimes I am able to resist these sudden attacks.  But not today.  Today I'm ankle deep in paint and varnish stripper, peering into the door of a half-painted room (goodbye, dear orange--hello, pale blue) and a half-stripped headboard (so retro, don't you think?  Picked it up for $10 at a local thrift store just this morning.).  

So I'm afraid that Nesting and Mavens will have to be delayed just a bit.  I'm sure you understand how sometimes these things cannot be helped.  Like unexpected sick days.  Or family emergencies.  I mean...room overhauls are kind of like that.  Right?  

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up & that headboard is awesome...you better show us that room when your done.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin