Monday, February 23, 2009

Letting the Fresh In!


Happy Monday to you all!  Like you, I am heading back to work after a brief reprieve last week.  Thank you, by the way, to all of you who sent me your kind comments and even mailed me cards to encourage me in this season of my life.  I appreciate it more than you know!

As I suspected, I'm returning refreshed and inspired.  Inspired, that is, to clean.  Spring clean, to be more exact.  It was Saturday afternoon, in fact, when the spring-fever bug officially bit me.  I was taking a walk, breathing in the brisk and fresh air, and longing for just a pinch more warmth from the sun.  Warmth like spring.

Perhaps it was this sense of freshness that caused me to glance disdainfully around my house.  The clean-ness outside must have made the dirt inside all that more striking and unattractive.  And so I headed out to the store to stock up on supplies (Magic Erasers and Windex vinegar spray) and am set to do some heavy-duty cleaning and organizing.

Spring cleaning, incidentally, is just the type of work I need to be doing right now in my life.  Simple, gratifying, mindless.  Perfectly productive and distracting.  It also happens to fit in perfectly with Nesting, since clearing out and sprucing up supports the backbone of our Nesting instinct.

So, you can expect the following from me on this domestic blog in the weeks to come:
*  reflections on how exactly I allowed my house to get into the grimy state of disrepair it is currently in (note: tidy does not equal clean!)
*  poetic musings on how the simple pleasures of wind-dried sheets and sparkling floors defy even my strongest feminist inclinations to be otherwise occupied
*  lots of before & after shots (because who can clean without doing a little decorating in the process?!)
*  notes from research I intend to do on the tradition of spring cleaning (in other words, my thoughts on all of the housekeeping books I've been meaning to peek through, like Real Simple's cleaning guide and Martha's latest household reference, etc. etc.--who knew domesticity was so marketable!?)

Additionally, I will be hosting a few guest writers to share their thoughts on Nesting, and (I promise this time I'm serious) the return of some fabulous Marketplace Mavens!

So please stick around as I throw open my windows and let some fresh air in!

Previous Nesting Posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin