Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Kitchen Duty

I only have a few minutes to check in today. Why? Because as I mentioned yesterday, I’m cooking. And not just cooking for lunch or dinner. I’m cooking for the season.

Here’s the progress so far:

I’ve made 2 mac & cheeses ready to defrost and bake. Is there anything better than mac & cheese on a cold winter night? I think not!


I also churned out a double portion of one of my favorite family casseroles. It has peppered bacon in it. Ummmm....peppered bacon. A divine smell. Not perfume divine--that would be weird and would probably attract hungry men and curious animals. But divine nonetheless.


Additionally I’ve cooked a gallon of chicken. That’s right--a gallon. I chopped it all up and sauteed it in olive oil.


In case you were wondering--this is what a gallon of raw chicken looks like. Take my word for it that cooking that quantity of chicken takes awhile. You have to be dedicated. And what will I do with a gallon of cooked chicken? I’ll divide it up for chicken alfredo, red pepper pasta, stir fry, pad thai, soups and more! Is there any end to chicken’s usefulness?

On today’s docket is lentil soup,
chili, turkey meatballs, marinara sauce, pork tenderloin, thai beef and calzones.

And if you’re wondering what happened to Be An Original--don’t worry! I’ll be back tomorrow with thoughts on an old quote my friend sent me this morning: “ use it up, wear it out, make do or do without.”

Until then, you can find me in the kitchen....

Other posts about food:
A Cooking Student (on chicken parmesan)
Coq Au Vin
Pizza Adventure on the Grill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin