Friday, October 2, 2009

October Staycation

It occurred to me the other day that I haven't had a full week away from writing/posting since last Christmas. And though I do so love my job, a break every now and then is good for the soul.

So this next week I'll be "staycationing" at home. And I have a lot of plans for my time.


Like diving into these new yarns. Can you tell I'm on a bit of a blue and lavender kick?

I've already started a new sweater. Yes--those are bobbles that you see. It has bobbles. This is my first time with these adorable little balls, so I'm having a lot of fun. Bobble fun. You understand.

And I'm sure I'll be drinking a lot of this tea I discovered yesterday. I asked the barista for a breakfast tea, and ended up with a mug of this delightful brew.

It has chocolate in it. That's right, friends--chocolate. Why have I never thought of black tea and chocolate mingling together so nicely in my cup? It's brilliant! Thanks to Boulder's Tea Spot for their marvelous invention.

Since the weather has officially turned to fall (it got below freezing last night!), I decided that it was high time to get onto the tight craze. I haven't worn tights since I was a kid.

So you can bet that I'll be enjoying these new leggings throughout my staycation, and for the rest of the season.

Finally, what is a staycation without some sewing? I've loaded up on a few fall fabrics in lavender (again with the purple), brown and red houndstooth.

These stacks are destined to become my newest favorite dresses, perfect for layering with sweaters and scarves.

And of course tights.


That's all fine and well,
you might be thinking, but what will happen to the blog while you're sewing and knitting and drinking tea?

So glad you asked!
I've prepared a series of my favorite posts from the past year for you to read in my absence. I hope you enjoy reading them again (or for the first time if you're a new reader) as much as I enjoyed writing them!

I look forward to talking to you soon!
--steph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin