Friday, October 30, 2009

Untidy Friday

My in-laws are coming over for dinner tonight. That means one thing: I have to clean. And clean a lot! We haven’t entertained in awhile, and my dwelling is...um...less than presentable. As in there are still crumbs of dirt (yes--actual dirt) on my kitchen counter from the farm-fresh veggies I brought home yesterday. The Halloween pumpkins are currently sitting on an old towel in the entryway... thawing. I haven’t made my bed in 5 days. And my handwashables, which I finally got around to washing yesterday, are laid out across the dining room table, drying.


I could go on, but you get the point. I have some work to do. Which is why I won’t linger here long, or write any soul-searching introspective posts (it is a Friday, after all). Instead I’ll give you a few updates about what I’ve been doing this week, and what is coming up just around the corner.


What I’ve been doing:
Many of you have probably seen from the sidebar that I FINALLY opened up my DIY design pattern store (Yay!), and even listed my first item: Winter Napkins. Following close on its heels is a new pattern for Cardigan Pillow Covers, which I can’t wait to share! These projects, among others, are what I have been spending my time on this week.


What is to come:
Along those lines, I am already planning for the next series! Fashioned after last year’s Handmade Holiday series, I’ll be placing an emphasis during the coming season on do-it-yourself holiday gifts. You’ll get a peek at some of the projects from my store listings, and I’ve got more up my sleeve! The theme (of course) is rePurposing, and I am really excited to get started!



Until then, I wish you all a fun Halloween (hopefully yours will be warmer than ours!) and a pleasant extra hour of sleep!

See you Monday with more Be An Original posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin