Friday, January 15, 2010

Fashion Help Please...

There comes a time in every lady's life when she needs a little fashion advice from friends. This is one of those times for me, so please bear with me as I implore you for your help...
You see, I've been knitting this delightful sweater dress--so chic and graceful--for a few weeks (pattern courtesy of Lynne Barr's Reversible Knitting), and I've almost completed it.
But I'm having a bit of a hard time making some final decisions. For instance, the original pattern calls for a mini skirt , but I lengthened it while knitting because I thought a longer one would be more classic and thus stay with me for years to come.

However, now that it is complete, it certainly is adorable short...

Furthermore, the original pattern is sleeveless, but I thought I would add a small cap sleeve just to see what it looks like. I'm leaning toward the sleeves, but wouldn't mind a second opinion.

And so I'm throwing these two questions out to you, dear readers, to see what you think:
Is this dress more alluring with or without sleeves?
And is it more lovely shorter or longer?

Please share your opinion with me by posting your comment below! Hopefully with your advice, and a little more time, I'll be happily wearing this flirty little number this weekend!

14 comments:

  1. I like the longer skirt with the sleeves. Its really cute either way though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the above comment completely! I really love it with the sleeves and longer skirt...but I think it would be adorable another way too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. alright--two votes so far for longer length and sleeves... Thanks ladies, for your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to be a third on teh longer skirt and sleeves . . . it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Longer skirt and sleeves...this dress is super cute! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely the longer skirt, but it's a toss up on the sleeves. I like it either way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. longer skirt and sleeves...although you could definitely pull off the mini!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The consensus is growing... Based on the feedback so far, I've started knitting the second sleeve. While watching Project Runway.
    Naturally.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely go with the sleeves. I kinda like the shorter skirt, but that could just be an LA thing.....

    Looks cute on you! (And cute boots, by the way!)

    --alli

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so funny, because I totally thought of you when viewing it shorter. I knew you'd like it better that way! Maybe I can figure out a way to shorten it without cutting off the length in case I want to wear it short...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it longer with sleeves as well!
    Tawny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Tawny! Now if only I could get around to finishing it...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin