Monday, January 11, 2010

Lady-like Projects Coming Soon!

Ahh...it is Monday morning and I have just returned from a week long trip visiting family in Kentucky and helping my sister and my two nephews move across the country.

And let me tell you--carting through three airports with an infant,
a toddler, two car seats, two suitcases, one stroller, and three carry-on's is NOT the easiest feat in the world. My sister and I should win some kind of medal for bravery or something.

Needless to say, I'm beat. I have a post-travel hangover, and plan on taking it lightly today. However, I did want to share with you some of the lady-like projects I'll be embarking on now that I'm finally settled into the new year.

First is this adorable sweater dress
I'm knitting. What you see in the photos above and below is the skirt portion.

Doesn't it look like a waterfall of chocolate ruffles (minus the dog hair, courtesy of Caesar, my yellow lab...)? The pattern is from Lynne Barr's newly released book, Reversible Knitting--a Christmas present I bought for myself. What lady wouldn't want to be wearing something like that during the cold winter months, I ask? As you can see, I'm a little over halfway done, and can't wait to share the final product when it's complete!

Also on the docket are these lovely patterns from Vogue:

A pencil skirt.
A wrap dress.
A vintage-style dress.
And a wrap shirt.

I received most of these as Christmas gifts
and have been itching to jump in...perhaps right after I recuperate from the previously mentioned airport adventure.

So stay tuned to read and view more of my progress on these projects,
as well as a few other ladyish subjects, like the fabulous little trinket I picked up at the store last week (more details to come)...

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin