Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Introduction to Smarty Pants


For quite some time now I've been nursing along a blog on current events which I affectionately titled "Cigars in the Parlour." The inspiration behind the blog, and the accompanying title, was to encourage women to get smart about current events--to crash the boys' "parlour," where they used to smoke cigars and drink whiskey and discuss politics and foreign affairs....without the ladies present, of course.

Needless to say, as much as I loved dear Cigars in the Parlour, a girl really can have too many blogs. And so I've laid it to rest. Still convicted about the importance of knowledge, though, I'm reviving the theme with a new feature here on Deviantly Domesticated called Smarty Pants.

Smarty Pants posts will be peppered throughout the week here on DD, and will mainly include my thoughts on current events happening in our times, as well as tools/tips I use to keep up-to-date on what is going on in the wide world beyond my tiny upstairs office. And of course I'll be frequently sharing my passion for the many benefits of being well-informed ladies.

And while being a "smarty pants" doesn't have much to do with being domesticated per se, it has everything to do with being strong female leaders in our times. And who isn't excited about that?!

So stick around later today for my first Smarty Pants post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin