Friday, June 19, 2009

A Girl Can Dream


Today is the final day for Outdoor Living, and rather than make it complicated (it is a Friday, after all), I thought I would just indulge in some more pictures of landscapes and outdoor rooms that I am currently coveting. Taken mostly from Martha Stewart Living and Sunset, the scenes below are my idea of inspiring outdoor living...


All I need is a lake. And a dock. And that sweet furniture....



Nevermind that it will take about 20 years for the trees in my neighborhood to be as big as the ones in the background here...
Maybe I can make a gravel path like this one to tide me over...



Beautiful landscape with trailing stone pathway--I could maybe do that.
Large, open meadow full of lushness off my trailing stone pathway--I doubt my luck extends that far...



My outdoor settings look more like paper napkins and plastic forks--but I'd much rather eat here...


I'd take a nap here any day.


Probably one of my all-time favorite outdoor rooms (I have a picture of this in my design notebook).
So charming. So quaint. After three or so years I'm still trying to figure out how I can pull something like this off on my patio. Needless to say, I have a long way to go...




Finally, where else but outside can you pull off a canopy? Ahh...I wish I was her...

And so it is with these dreams and visions in my head that I conclude this mini-series.
But we still have a whole summer left of posting, so come back next week as I start mini-series #2 on community entertainment! I can't wait!


Hope you all have a great weekend!


Catch the whole Outdoor Living mini-series below!

Taking my Design Obsession Outdoors
Furnishing my Outsides
Light up the Night
Good Bones
Ode to Patios
Get in the Zone: on selecting plants
Oogling Outdoor Spaces
Water Wisdom
Cultivating Patience

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin