Friday, June 5, 2009

Going to the Farm

I’ll be kicking off the first of many field trips this summer with a trip to the farm tomorrow! Not my farm, of course, but one of the local farms surrounding my town that offers community members shares of their annual crops.

A Farm First

Even though I was born and raised in an agricultural area (Northern Colorado),
I have never actually toured a working farm here, so I am excited. They’ll even have an animal barnyard, although I probably won’t be elbowing the kids to get my hands on the pigs and lambs.

Drawing Me
What draws me most to the farm is hearing about the local food movement, and learning more about their crop-sharing program.
After reading several books recently on the subject of growing food, agriculture and the like, I am eager to see the action in my town.


Plus, there will be food and drinks
(we have A Lot of local micro-breweries), live music, and vendors. What could be more fun than that!?


Join Me, or Host Your Own Trip!

If you live close by, and are interested in joining me for the event, just email me for more information at shillberry@stephaniehillberry.com.
Or consider gathering up some of your friends for a tour/visit to a local farm near you!


And I’ll certainly be taking lots of note to share more
during the “Plant Nerd” mini-series coming later this summer, so stay tuned for that, too!


Previous Related Posts & Links:

download a copy of June's other field trips!
visit Retro Summer's webpage for the latest updates!
Plant Nerds & Cookie-Cutters: a glance at the topics ahead
Oh How I Love a Good Field Trip

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin