Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Creative Hour: Quilted Shams

I took a short break from making handbags and throws this week to stitch together two patchwork pillow shams for my bed.


The inspiration started with some napkins I picked up at Cost Plus Market. The pattern on them looked so good with blue pinstripes that I knew I was on a roll. And since I wanted a summer theme, I even added a few squares of denim from some faded jeans I used to wear.


The end result reminds me of grandma's country quilts, only with a slight modern twist.


The shams are a great compliment to my quilted tan coverlet, which I just pulled out of the linen closet in time for sleeping with the doors and windows open.

I'll be writing more about my fondness for slipcovers & shams (and their fabulous practicality) later this summer, so check back in to hear more about these pillows in the weeks to come!


Until then, I hope you are enjoying your summer projects!


Previous Creative Hour Posts:

Wool Socks in Summer
Lime Green Shimmer
Baby Quilts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin