Monday, September 28, 2009

Day 28: Institute Review

This was the last morning of Mrs. Marple's 28-day course at the Institute of Fine Living, and I couldn't help but get a little nostalgic about the past four weeks.

To put it simply, I got in touch with my feminine side.

Okay...so maybe I was already in touch with it. But I Really dived in this time with all of the fun projects...

...and cooking lessons...

And pink with more pink.


I know that I'll take many of Mrs. Marple's lessons with me going forward, like her reminder to drink morning tea out of fine china on a Tuesday just to make an ordinary day special, and her constant coaching about how to use the resources we have to make new and beautiful things.

And even though the class is ending, she gave us one final assignment, which was to create a project that showcased our best work from the Institute. A project, she encouraged, that will remind us of what we've learned for weeks and months to come.

I have just the perfect thing in mind.

And I can't wait to share more about it soon!

Thank you, all, for joining me during this month-long course. And thanks to Mrs. Marple for being such a good teacher!

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin