Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mountain Morning

Every year sometime toward the end of September I have a little ritual. It involves me, a crisp autumn morning, my favorite mountain park, and my journal.

I come here to reflect over the year, and to think about the future.

Some years I have big decisions to make, and I seek this park for the peace and quiet it offers--a chance to get away from my computer and cell phone and just listen to my heart.

And listen to the rushing mountain river, too.

This year I didn't have decisions to make, per se, or even big goals to set for the future. Mainly I just sat in the sun and rested.

I thought about what I've journeyed through over the past 12 months or so, and where I'm headed.

And I'm not sure if it was the beauty of the scenery, or the fresh quality to the mountain air, but up in that canyon I had the wonderful sense of new beginnings, like a turning of the season. A clean slate. A clear morning.

Needless to say, it was a good way to start the day.

What introspective insights do you have this fall? Share your comments below, or email me at shillberry@stephaniehillberry.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin