Friday, March 26, 2010

Favorite Winter Sewing Projects

Now that the weather is beginning to warm, I find that I'm pulling away from yarn and knitting needles and drawing toward my sewing machine. And oh the plans I have for sewing...

But before I share with you a few of my newest completed projects, I thought I would take a walk down memory lane and showcase some of my favorite sewing projects from this past winter--
First and foremost, this winter was a turning point for me and sewing for one reason: I discovered Vogue patterns. Yes, I know they've been around for ages, but I've never actually purchased and used one.

Oh my--what a difference it has made! Garments that actually fit! Lines that are flattering and curvy. It's like a whole new world for fabric and thread...

The pencil skirt and plum shirt were my first two Vogue projects, and I couldn't be happier with the way they turned out. With a few more patterns to go--and some modifications of these shown above--I have a lot more sewing ahead!
Of course, Vogue isn't the only one designing fashion. A few pieces I've created myself using clothing I already owned and sprucing it up a bit. The feather light silk top at top and the ruffled blouse here are two of my fondest creations so far.

Next week I'll be starting a new series called "Je Ne Sais Quoi," where we'll talk daily about that special and alluring quality that certain women have--and how to perhaps get it for ourselves. So please come back Monday as we start a new conversation---

--and I promise they'll be more sewing in the weeks to come!
Have a happy weekend!
--steph


2 comments:

  1. Oooh...your new topic sounds intriguing. See you next week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Catherine! I'm really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin