Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Gentlemen

note: all images are from Scott Schuman, author of the popular blog, The Sartorialist
I just recently started reading The Sartorialist and have fallen in love. The photos...the fashion...the enchanting foreign cities...
And though there are many beautiful and elegant women featured on the blog, my unexpected favorite images are those of regal gentlemen like the ones pictured above and below.

Perhaps I am drawn to them because gentlemen are so hard to find in this day and age. I do not mean to be excessively critical of men (gentlewomen are difficult to spot as well) because I think we've all gotten into the terrible habit of being too busy for polite civility.
Apparently I am not the only one to notice how important good manners are in society. In fact, the author of The Sartorialist just posted some elegant prose on the subject of grace and modern manners, and I would be remiss if I did not direct you all to his blog to read it.
His words are brief but poignant (as well as the comments of other readers), and fit so nicely into the subject of being gracious. I'll be mulling over them all day, I'm sure, and will most likely have more to say on the topic of ladies and gentlemen in the days to come.

But for now I encourage you to head over to the Sartorialist for a refreshing read about manners (and a glimpse at lovely fashion as well).

happy Tuesday!--steph

1 comment:

  1. BTW--have you ever noticed how so many men have the fortunate fate of growing old gracefully? Maybe Not obsessing with your looks really is the secret...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin