Friday, October 31, 2008

Handmade Preview

Happy Friday!

I'm enjoying this Halloween morning sipping some tea, reading the news, and enjoying our unusually balmy (77 degrees! in Colorado, no less!) weather.  After trying not to eat All of the trick-or-treat candy this week, I'm thankful we're almost rid of it!  Just a few more hours to go...

I thought that this morning I would talk a little about the coming holiday season, and preview what I have planned to write on, which is "Handmade Holidays."  I'm sure you can tell by the name that I'll be spending lots of time showcasing crafty marketplace mavens (click here if you have no idea what I'm talking about when I say "maven!"), chatting about the importance of small business, and showing some DIY holiday projects.

So, for a taste of what's to come, I wanted to show you my new sweater.  I just finished knitting it this week, and have been dying to wear it (although the weather seems to have other ideas...).  My first attempt was too big, my second too small, and this one (thankfully) fits just right!

Of course, for Handmade Holidays I'll be talking about what to give other people for gifts, so no more knit sweaters for me (well, maybe one more...).  

Stick around later today as I tackle my "stay-at-home" resume, and of course you won't want to miss tomorrow's Saturday Sussie! (Saturday what!?)
Also, don't forget to sign up to receive updates from this blog delivered to your email.  Click here to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin