Friday, October 10, 2008

I Won't be a Negative Nancy


Normally by the time Friday rolls around I'm ready to lighten it up with a funny quip or amusing story.  This week, however, I'm not really in the mood to be funny or light.  I'm having a hard time pulling myself out of serious-mode, probably because of current events and fatigue and just a general malaise.

But as my cousin would say--I shouldn't be a Negative Nancy.  Because in spite of the events around us, I've encountered a lot of inspiration this week, especially from other women.  For instance...

*  I've had the opportunity to meet a lot of female entrepreneurs who are using their skills to impact the marketplace.  They are smart and proactive and their leadership makes me feel optimistic about the economy, even when skies are dark.

*  I met some encouraging young academic stars who are ready to take their early twenties by the horns and pursue public leadership, reminding me that a good dose of youthful aspiration would do us all some good!

*  I was touched by the story of Heather Davis, this week's Marketplace Maven, as she shared her journey into entrepreneurialism and her hopes for the future.  She's paving the way for others to follow.

*  I've spent lots of time with my family.  They are my root system, and I'm thankful for close relationships and people who care.

*  I took a few minutes this week to stop and actually appreciate the Fall.  With distractions everywhere, it is nice to take a minute and appreciate beauty.  I'm glad I haven't missed it!

I'd love it if you would share your inspiration for the week by emailing me at shillberry@comcast.net or commenting here.

Coming up--stay tuned for tomorrow's Saturday Sussie post, where it's all treats and no tricks.  And check in next week for another Marketplace Maven (Monday) and more Smarty Pants "Election Exercises."
Can't wait to hear more from you soon!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin