Tuesday, December 2, 2008

First Craft Stop: the Queen of Crafts--Martha Stewart


I couldn't very well launch into a week of crafty posts without starting with the Queen of Crafting: Martha Stewart.  Love her, hate her--I don't care.  But take a minute to check out the Vast Library of craft projects on her website, all free to download.  

One of my favorites are these patterns for stuffed animals made out of old sweaters (see picture below).  I have made more than one stuffed horse in my day, and can attest that they are super cute, and a great package topper for your friend's baby shower.  

Or repurpose a canvas shoe bag as a great car organizer (and never again have to search for the hand sanitizer!).

My favorite for the holiday season (and believe me, there are TONS of holiday crafts if you feel so inspired) are these "cozy crafts" that you can whip up as hostess gifts, stocking stuffers, or handmade presents.  I love the sweater pillowcovers (are you catching a sweater theme?), the quick quilt, and the quilted coasters.

Do you have a favorite Martha project? Email Me the link to me!  
Also, come back tomorrow for great Amy Butler links (hint: there are free patterns involved!).

Stay updated on more Handmade Holidays by signing up for the RSS Feed (click here to learn more!).

images from Martha Stewart Living.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin