Saturday, December 6, 2008

Saturday Sussie: ReadyMade magazine

note: sussies are little trinkets I find during the week and then share with you.  "Sussie" is a Texas term, apparently, although I can't prove that.

I have to confess that I didn't "stumble" upon this week's sussie.  In fact, I had to search high and low for it.  I knew that ReadyMade magazine was out there, because I'd seen it before on magazine shelves and in my library.  I remembered skimming the covers of this DIY glossy, but I'd never actually read a copy.  But I figured that with Handmade Holidays in full swing, now is a good time to read it!

So, for those of you who are not familiar with it, ReadyMade is a creative and fun magazine for all you do-it-yourselfers out there.  

This month's issue, for instance, features stories on how to craft a coffee table from scrap wood, how to make pendants from crochet twine and a balloon (they are seriously cool), and how to stash your holiday cookies in a handmade multi-tier tray constructed from cookie tins (very cute!).  

If you are having a hard time finding this glossy on your local magazine rack, rest assured--I had the same problem.  No worries, though, since you can find all you need on ReadyMade.com, including links to the latest issue, and subscription offers if you decide you want to stop hunting and just have it delivered to you monthly!  Or, if you want to take a test drive, I'd recommend checking it out at your local library if they have some back issues.  That's what I did, and I'm glad for it!

Don't go far!  Check back in next Monday for another great Marketplace Maven story, and to read more about Handmade Holidays!  
Missed passed Sussies?  Click below to read more:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin