Wednesday, December 31, 2008

If You Feel So Inclined...

I'll admit that New Year's Eve is usually a bit anti-climactic in my house.  I never seem to have any glamorous parties to attend or fancy cocktail dresses to wear or exciting places to go.  In fact, the last several years it has just been a struggle to stay up to watch the ball drop (I know--at 28-years-old that is just lame...).  

It is unlikely that this year will be any different than those passed, but if I were to throw a party or attend a bash, I would hope that it would include the same ambience that inspired these Martha Stewart New Year's ideas.  

Of course, if you feel so inclined, you can craft your own Martha-like party decorations with gilded mobiles and handmade paper horns.  In fact, why not go the extra mile and create some of your own confetti? 

I, unfortunately, do not feel so inclined, but I do feel a little inspired, so instead I'll probably make some "gilded" throw pillows to mark the occasion.  (more on that later...).

Happy New Year to you all--and please enjoy a glamorous party so I can live vicariously through you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin