Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Latest Handmade Project


All this talk of handmade gifts, so I thought I would show you my latest handmade project.  These "fetching" fingerless gloves caught my eye on Ravelry, and I thought I had to give them a try.  I did downsize the needle from US 6 to US 5 so the fit is better for smaller hands.

They are my first attempt at a cable (yay!), and I'm pleased to say only took me about 6 hours total to make the pair.  A quick and easy gift!

Here is the link to the free pattern I used for these gloves in case you want to knit a set yourself.

What next?  These Monkey socks.  I've already casted on the ribbing, so we'll see how the pattern goes!

Have I mentioned that knitting is the perfect hobby for the winter season?...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin