Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Handmade Holidays: Babies



I have babies on the brain today,
probably because my friend announced her pregnancy last night and because I'd like to have one (a baby) myself.  So I'm finding myself thinking about all the crafts for tots, of which there are a ton, and thought I'd list some handmade baby items for inspiration (all from Etsy, of course).

I love this honey-bear hat (upper left) by Little Bit of Sunshine, probably because the yarn looks so warm and thick, and because it would be a great gender-neutral gift. 

This "Birds on a Wire" print from Barking Bird Art is stylishly cute, and gives me great ideas for nursery art.  Want to make your own vintage nursery art?  Head out to the local thrift store and scavenge through their children's book selection.  Last year I found the most adorable monkey story from the 1930's, perfect for removing the pages to frame in sequence on the wall.  Of course, having no baby, I haven't done it yet, but someday...

And these Felt Mary Janes from Humble Bea's would make a perfect gift for a little girl, don't you think?  I'm wild about polka dots, and the brown and red pattern is not too precious.  An easy DIY project for little girls related to footwear are legwarmers (aka "leggies"), which can be whipped up on a set of double pointed needles over a weekend.  Click here for a free pattern from Alana Dakos from Never Not Knitting.  

Can you believe we have two weeks left before the gift-giving deadline approaches!?  I, for one, have a ton of crafting left to do.  

For more Handmade Holiday ideas, read below:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin