Saturday, November 8, 2008

Saturday Sussie: Champagne Brunch

note: Saturday Sussies are my weekly posts on whatever catches my fancy.  Or tickles it--in this case, with tiny, flavorful bubbles.


I was thinking this morning that I need to resurrect a tradition I carried during the summer months--Champagne Brunch on Saturday morning.  Why?  Because it is like a "spa treatment" for weekend mornings.  And I could use a little spa in my life right now. 

Here are the necessities:

Champagne (obviously).  To spruce it up, splash it with some citrus juice.  My fav is grapefruit.  Or get really fancy and use Martha Stewart's grapefruit mimosa recipe.

Scones.  I love this recipe for cheddar & apple scones from Cottage Living.  I do add about a 1/4 cup of sugar because...well...I have a bit of sweet tooth.  

Frittata.  My husband and I love this recipe for a mushroom and spinach frittata from Health Magazine.  Smoked gouda gives it a nice flavor, and it is super easy to make.

Coffee.  We're big fans of Dunkin Donuts coffee--so smooth and tasty.  But I have to do half-caf because my husband gets all jittery with too much caffeine.  

Now just pop the cork, perk, pour and enjoy!!!

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin