Monday, May 4, 2009

Upcoming Event: "Your Best Birth" Simulcast


I know what you might be thinking. Why would an unpregnant woman without children be advertising for an event/book that is all about giving birth? Well, I'm glad you asked...

Excited to Attend!
I am excited about attending the
Your Best Birth simulcast party this month for a variety of reasons:

1. Even though I'm not a mother, I can't help but be curious about what Ricki Lake and Abby Epstein have to say about the culture of giving birth in our society. Because I am admittedly a little concerned about reports I hear of escalating induction and C-section rates, and am interested to hear more about this important women's health issue.


2. I love how motherhood and birth connects women in a way that almost nothing else does. Creating community is important to me, and always fun to witness!


3. I am looking forward to debuting my Hillberry Baby collection of handmade baby quilts, bedding, and other nursery decor items! I've been wanting to launch a baby line for quite awhile, and this event gives me the perfect opportunity to start sewing!


4. I am also looking forward to meeting new friends,
and hopefully introducing them to this blog and your company as readers! Maybe we'll find some new Recessionistas!


Come Along!
Of course, certainly I'd love to see you there! If you are a mom or soon-to-be mom living in Northern Colorado, this would be a great event to check out. It is free to the public and will have lots of resources! Even if you aren't (as mentioned--I'm neither cooking a bun or raising any at home) but would like to learn more about this timeless women's health issue, or would like to see some entrepreneurs in action, come along too!


Feel free to email me for more details at shillberry@stephaniehillberry.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin