Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Dining in the Library


Perhaps by now you've noticed that for me, enjoying the last leisurely bit of summer involves a lot of home design.  It's true--I'm a bit of a design fanatic.  Ever since I saw my first episode of Trading Spaces, I was hooked.  

Now that I own my own house, one of my primary ways to de-stress is design.  I sew slipcovers for my pillows, duvets for my bed, paint canvases for my walls, and find furniture deals at Goodwill.  I even have notebooks full of design ideas in case I need some inspiration.  I don't have a big budget, so a lot of the time I just like to look at pretty pictures and imagine what I want to do.

That said, I'm currently In Love with the idea of adding a library to my rather boring dining room.  I saw the picture above in a Domino magazine from a gentleman who did just that, and think it's a brilliant plan.  Click here to read more from Domino if you're curious about his design.  Or...email me your latest project or plans for your home at shillberry@comcast.net.

For those of you who might be new to my blog, rest assured, it is not all about design.  But during the last week of summer, I can't help but write about my favorite hobby!  Summer's almost over, though, and soon it is back to business---or, Back to the Basics (coming soon).

This post is part of August's Summer Squeeze series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin