Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Food You Crave


I was recently introduced to The Food You Crave, a cookbook by Ellie Krieger.  Maybe you are familiar with her--Ellie has a show on the Food Network, and a website called Healthy Living with Ellie.  

Now, I am not a cooking afficianado.  Most of Martha Stewart's recipes are too fancy for me.  But every now and then I'll stumble upon a book that I like, and I like Krieger's.  First, her recipes seem simple enough.  Second, they are tasty.  And third, she is a dietician, so she talks a lot about healthy eating, and her recipes are well balanced.  

Since this is a blog about being domesticated, I thought I would pass along her name in case you might be looking for some new ideas.  I'm personally in a bit of a cooking rut (it happens to me quite frequently...), and could definitely use the inspiration.  

In addition to her cookbook, she does offer a membership program for a minimal monthly fee.  To be a member, you get pre-planned menus (which can be a godsend if you don't like to plan yourself), calorie counting tools, recipes, shopping lists, motivational encouragement, and the like.  I don't think I'll join, but it's worth checking into if you like a little more accountability in your quest for health. 

This post is part of August's Summer Squeeze series.  
Any good tips, services or products you're enjoying during these last days of summer?  Please share by emailing me at shillberry@comcast.net!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin