Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fun Fiction




I've been focusing all month
on the last days of summer, and squeezing every lost drop out of them before fall sets in.  The days are dwindling fast!  To savor them a little longer, I thought I'd hit the bookstore and look for the ultimate in summer relaxation: fiction.  My favorite find?  Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series.  I know, I know--they've been out for ages.  You've probably read them all by now.  But just in cast you haven't, they are worth the read.  Funny, entertaining, and quick.  

I've also recently finished her "Undomestic Goddess" story, which (conveniently related to my life) tells the tale of a high-powered lawyer who finds herself working as a housewife.  Apparently I'm not the only one who stepped out of a traditional career and found surprising fulfillment at home.  

Of course, summer isn't over yet, so if you have any good recommendations for fun fiction for me to squeeze in before the days get cold, send me an email at shillberry@comcast.net!  

This post is part of August's Summer Squeeze series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin