Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Queen of Colors



I was helping my friend shop for fabric
for a bedroom makeover that she is trying to squeeze out before summer ends, and couldn't help sharing my universal rule for decorating: orange is the perfect color.

Now I know what you're thinking.  She's nuts.  Orange (coupled with ocre and avocado green) is the reason no one wants to relive 1970's decor.  And of course you're right.  Still, I'm in love with orange.   You can dress it up, or make is casual.  Orange can go modern or girly.  It looks great with pink in the spring and summer, or with brown in the fall.  You could even do orange and red for the holidays (I promise--it looks good).  

Needless to say, my friend didn't end up going with the queen of all colors, but worse things have been forgiven.  But just in case you are contemplating how to freshen up your decor, I'll throw my two cents in for orange.  

This post is part of August's Summer Squeeze series.
Do you have a favorite decorating tip?  I'd love to hear it!  Email me at shillberry@comcast.net and share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin