Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Resourceful Resource


Part of being domestically savvy is practicing resourcefulness.  And one of my favorite resources is Plato's Closet.  Maybe you've seen the store in your town.  They buy and sell used clothing from select boutiques and stores.  

I like Plato's Closet for several reasons:
1.  Because they are selective in what they purchase, the clothes are usually trendy and stylish.  I've snagged some great deals from brands I love but can't afford at regular prices, like Banana Republic and Lucky jeans.
2.  I save money.  This is an obvious benefit.  Because they're used, the clothing and accessories are a bargain.
3.  It's recycling.  I'm not too proud to wear used clothing.  The fact that the garments had a life with someone else before me is actually appealing.  Better in my closet than in a landfill.

Plato's Closet is not the only used-clothing store to shop, too.  My town has several locally-owned shops, and I'm guessing yours does too.  

Haven't shopped used before?  Consider browsing a Plato's Closet or other second-hand boutique soon and check it out.  You might find a resourceful resource!

This post is part of August's Summer Squeeze series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin