Friday, August 22, 2008

Sunscreen Tips worth Trying


I was flipping through a recent issue of Self Magazine and ran into a very helpful summer (and yearlong) tip: use cleansers that leave sunscreen behind.

Now, I'm perfectly content with my current cleanser/moisturizing combo, so I won't be using any of this fancy technology on my face.  BUT...Self's recommendation wasn't for the face--it was for the hands.  They recommend using a cleanser like St. Ives Protective Cleanser (found on every drugstore cosmetic aisle) to keep sun spots off your hands.  Just stick a bottle next to the kithen sink and in the bathroom and apply!

I'm not entirely convinced that something you wash Off your hands will protect them, but it might be worth the try.  I wouldn't mind having my hands stay youthful, and I certainly don't remember to put sunscreen on them after every wash.

Try it yourself and let me know what you think by emailing me at shillberry@comcast.net

This post is part of August's Summer Squeeze series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin