So naturally after harvesting a bowl full of peas yesterday, I had to find a way to eat them without carting my lazy bum to the grocery store.
Here are the steps I followed:
step one: scavenge your fridge for veggies & leftovers
step two: dig through your pantry for pasta
step three: select a cheese
step four: pick a sauce and/or seasoning
step five: put it all together
My steps looked like this last night:
* cooked 1 c. of orzo pasta according to package directions
* while pasta cooked, I chopped and sauteed some garlic and onion in a large skillet in olive oil until browned
* then I added chopped leftover rotisserie chicken & sliced grape tomatoes to mix until they warmed. next came the cooked orzo.
* then I dropped in 3 tbs. of pesto (I freeze my pesto into cubes and just toss them into dishes when I want to)
* the peas and Parmesan cheese came last as I stirred it all together until the Parmesan melted.
* Salt. Pepper. and Serve!
Previous Related Posts:
Ode to Peas
Three Day Weekend Scones
**Visit Retro Summer's webpage to get the latest links, summer entertainment ideas, photos, and more!**