Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday Sussie: 24 Boxes


note: sussies are amusing things I find during the week (or year) that I thought you might like to know about too.  I call them sussies because I like the word.

Since I wrote about cooking yesterday, I thought I would carry on the theme for today's sussie.  I stumbled upon 24 boxes last year when it made Blogger's "Blogs of Note" list.  Creator Jennifer Mayer decided to start the blog when she signed up for a community supported agriculture share (CSA) in her local area and needed to figure out how to eat all of the fabulous seasonal produce she received!

A quick view of the site reveals a few things:
A.  Jennifer has a knack for food styling and photography, making her food creations look absolutely delicious.
B.  Her recipes are unique creations, and she usually offers a downloadable pdf for your printing pleasure.  Thanks Jennifer!
C.  After a few weeks of reading and printing, you'll be well on your way to your own 24 boxes cookbook.
D.  Participating in a CSA is a great way to support small, local farms, and also a very good way to get your recommended daily servings of fruits and veggies!

So, if you like creative recipes made with lots of yummy produce, check out 24 boxes this weekend and happy cooking!  As I mentioned yesterday, I--of course--will be eating cheesecake.

Previous Saturday Sussies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin