Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday Sussie: Confessions of a Shopaholic, the Movie

note: Saturday Sussies are frivolous things I find throughout the week that I like to share with you.  "Sussie" is a Texas phrase--I think it has something to do with getting "sussied up," but I can't be sure...

Okay, so I know that this is a bit premature, but I'm dying to see the new Confessions of a Shopaholic movie, debuting on February 20th.  I've read all the books (several times over), and always laugh hard enough to offend polite company.

There is just something endearing about Becky Bloomwood and her spending addictions.  Compulsive shopper or not, you can't help but relate to her somewhat twisted rationale and quirky behavior.  The movie, I know, will stray from the book (they always do), but if it provides another opportunity for me to laugh at Becky's antics, I'm bound to be a fan!

Check out this post on Buzz Sugar about the movie, and to view the trailer.  If you've read the books you'll notice right away the absence of a certain British accent (yep--they made Becky an American--bummer...), but I still got a chuckle.

You can bet I'll be ready to hit the theater in February!

Previous Saturday Sussies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin