Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Creative M-E-S-S

Perhaps it is a common trait among creative types--the trait of messiness. I'm not normally a slob. In fact, quite the opposite. I'm the girl who makes my bed every day and puts the dishes in the dishwasher and stores my hairbrush under the sink. But when I'm creating something...well, that's a different story.Case in point: my office today. Hardly the picture of organization and tidiness. I can't help myself. When I'm caught up in a whirlwind with a million projects going all at once (yes--I know multitasking is bad for you, but I can't break the habit!), I tend to leave a trail. Kinda like the trails tornadoes leave.

In the Works:
Fortunately all of this creative energy is productive. Take a look at some of my latest quilting ideas. I've been blocking out my patterns all morning, trying to figure out which ones I like the best. Can you recognize my new Los Angeles stowaways?

These quilts will be added to my "Spunky Girl" baby collection, which I am eager to debut soon. Also on the docket? A thrift store design booklet, complete with grommets (I can't get enough of grommets lately!), and a "Transpo Guy" baby series (that is a tentative name--I might change it later.).

And You?
How about you? Have you taken up the Creative Hour challenge and starte
d some projects of your own? If so, share what you've been up to! Comment below!

Reminders:

Don't forget to come back tomorrow to read about why big isn't always better, and take a sec to sign up for my weekly newsletter to get the inside scoop about what's brewing in my world!

Previous Creative posts:

A Long Time Coming (my dining room makeover)
Sewing in Good Company
The Creative Hour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin