Monday, April 13, 2009

Links & a Peek

To round out entrepreneur Monday, I thought I'd highlight a few internet resources for ladies looking to earn a buck or two on their own. Some of these sites I have visited myself, while others I've just skimmed over.

Links:
Home Based Working Moms: I spotted this site today while googling "working from home." After browsing through the pages, my first impressions are good. There promises to be some helpful articles about working from home, including tips on avoiding scams, as well as advice on balancing family and work. Worth checking out if you are a mom looking for some at-home employment.

Pink Magazine:
a magazine dedicated to female entrepreneurs and business owners, I have to confess that I've never read it. But I am a fan of the glossies, and the website promises a lot of good information and testimonials of women who work for themselves. For a peek into common topics, check out their blog page.

Etsy's "Quit Your Day Job": maybe you are just looking for some stories of women (and men) who have already taken the plunge. I love Etsy's Quit Your Day Job series because it inspires me to persevere in my creative pursuits while also sharing first-hand accounts of the start-up process. Maybe one of these stories will be the motivation you're looking for!

Look them over and let me know what you think by posting a comment below, or share a link you particularly like.

Now for the Peek
...
Here's a preview of what's to come later this week:

* tomorrow: read more about homegrown solutions in my latest Recessionista post, Can I Get a Pulse? And don't miss this week's Smarty Pants musing!
* later, catch my announcement on a design event I'm hosting and very excited about, and view more Creative Hour photos!
* stir up your leadership muscle with a post on why big isn't always better, and why we ladies excel at the small things.
* and finally catch me on Friday as I relate details of my recent tryst with coupons (maybe my inner-Recessionista still needs some work....!).

Have any topics or ideas you'd like to hear about? Post your comments below! And don't forget to sign up for my weekly email newsletter to receive insider messages from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin